Today’s topic (Day 26) is weird quirks. This could get interesting…
I could list several, but I won’t get too personal. 🙂 Here are a few you may find interesting, or humorous, or just plain crazy.
- I always have to put my left shoe on before my right. I mean always…even with flip-flops. I simply can’t go right then left. It feels strange and I can’t do it.
- I have a tendency to laugh at inappropriate times. Like, someone could be telling me about their dog that died, and it seems like something funny pops into my head. I don’t do it purposely, and it doesn’t happen all the time. Weird, I know!
- I cannot tolerate the sound of popping balloons. It is worse than nails on a chalkboard. I absolutely detest that sound, and if I’m in a room full of balloons it freaks me out.
- I often talk to myself while driving – especially on long trips. I think I started that when I traveled frequently and would try to keep myself alert. I guess it stuck because I still do it today.
- When I empty loose change from my pockets, I will stack every coin from largest to smallest and all must have heads facing up.
- I can drive anywhere once and remember my way without the aid of directions or GPS. Taking it a step further, I can go years without visiting a location, but if I have driven there before I can still get there sans directions or GPS. (Amazing considering I can walk to the next room and forget why.)
This is a sampling of some of my oddities. I could list so many more, some that would make you seriously question my sanity (if you don’t already). We all have weird quirks. What are some of yours?