Yesterday I had the unfortunate opportunity to spend several hours in a courtroom. While waiting my turn there wasn’t much to do other than play on my phone and observe others in the room. I decided the latter was more entertaining, so I grabbed my phone and listed these courtroom observations.
- Most people in here look like they would rather be getting a proctology exam (myself included).
- The lawyers are the only ones laughing.
- The lawyers are the only ones making money.
- These benches are more uncomfortable than old church pews.
- It is 60° outside and about 12° in the courtroom.
- I have way too much to do at work to be sitting here so long doing absolutely nothing.
- I knew I should have eaten something before court.
- While I wonder what is taking so long, the lawyers are probably thinking they are glad they charge by the hour.
- I’m convinced the reason it is taking so long is because they are writing decisions on stone tablets.
- Thank God for iPhone apps!
While the courtroom was somewhere I really did not want to be, at least I found a little humor while I was waiting. In fact, my boss sent me this note in response to an e-mail. He told me to focus on the lawyers running around and think of this.
Q: How can you tell if a dog or a lawyer was run over by a car?
A: There will be skid marks behind the dog.
Maybe this bit of courtroom humor will make you laugh as well.