In honor and memory of my friend Ricky Tidwell, this week’s Sunday Scripture is Psalm 23. I’m using the King James Version because that was the version read at his funeral. We all know it, but can you really say, without any doubt, “the Lord is my shepherd”? I hope you can.
- The LORD is my shepherd ; I shall not want.
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies : thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.