Ever wonder what Heaven will be like? Ever wonder what we will be doing when we get there? The book of Revelation gives us a glimpse of what Heaven will be like. This week’s Sunday Scripture is taken from Revelation. This is chapter 4.
- The Throne Room of Heaven
- After this I looked, and there in heaven was an open door. The first voice that I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
- Immediately I was in the Spirit, and there in heaven a throne was set. One was seated on the throne,
- and the One seated looked like jasper and carnelian stone. A rainbow that looked like an emerald surrounded the throne.
- Around that throne were 24 thrones, and on the thrones sat 24 elders dressed in white clothes, with gold crowns on their heads.
- From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and thunder. Burning before the throne were seven fiery torches, which are the seven spirits of God.
- Also before the throne was something like a sea of glass, similar to crystal. In the middle and around the throne were four living creatures covered with eyes in front and in back.
- The first living creature was like a lion; the second living creature was like a calf; the third living creature had a face like a man; and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.
- Each of the four living creatures had six wings; they were covered with eyes around and inside. Day and night they never stop,saying: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God, the Almighty, who was, who is, and who is coming.
- Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor, and thanks to the One seated on the throne, the One who lives forever and ever,
- the 24 elders fall down before the One seated on the throne, worship the One who lives forever and ever, cast their crowns before the throne, and say:
- Our Lord and God, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You have created all things, and because of Your will they exist and were created.
- Revelation 4 (HCSB)